Tuesday 25 February 2014

What am I doing (what's the point)?

So, what am I doing?  That kind-of is the point!  I want to blog to document all the creative things I've been getting up to.

I'm a happily married mum of two, my big girl (Madam) is 6 and my baby girl (Little B) is 4 months old.  Both were conceived by IVF (with ICSI) so when I say that we're not planning any more, it's a pretty sure thing!  So now that my body is my own again, and I can look to a more predictable future, I'm hoping to reconnect with my inner artist who has been in hibernation (with a few brief awakenings) since I left art college.  It's been too long!

I've got some big plans for this year, we need to get several major jobs done around our house, and we're hoping to be able to put a studio in our back garden.  This would give me a dedicated work space, and also be the place where all of my accumulated arty & crafty stuff could go, which in turn will free up a fair amount of storage space in various wardrobes and cupboards around the house.  I'd like to document our progress with the building work throughout the year, and I'm hoping that blogging about it might help me to keep the motivation going, and keep my spirits up too.

Other plans for this blog:

To document my creative output - I'm hoping to move towards making more art, but at the moment crafting projects are easier for me to work on.  I knit and crochet often, and craft a lot with my big girl (we're making a dolls house at the moment, hopefully I'll have some photos soon to share with you), and I'm hoping to draw, paint, sculpt, print, and just generally do more cool stuff as time goes on.

I want to be able to publish and share my knitting & crochet patterns, instructions for arty and crafty projects, maybe even recipes too.

I don't know where I'm going to be by this time next year, or what I might have made in the meantime.  I don't even know if this blog hosting site can do all the things I want it to do.  There's only one way to find out . . .

5 comments: