Sunday 6 July 2014

Fallllink in lof again, never vanted tooo . . .

We met 2 summers ago, and you know, he wasn't what I expected.  Strong but slow, big, dependable.  Steady.  I felt like he lifted me up, and kept me safe.  I thought we would be together for the long haul, but it wasn't to be.

A month or so ago the grumbling started, and when I tried to put the brakes on a little it only got worse.  If I could have ignored the grumbling, perhaps we would have had a little longer together, but I had to find out what was wrong - he just wasn't making me feel safe anymore, so I checked . . . and things were worse than I thought.  The grumbling was just the tip of the iceberg, and underneath things had corroded beyond repair.  I guess I could have tried harder, but sometimes you've got to know when it's time to cut your losses.

I was devastated.

And then I met Holly, and she's everything The Beast was not - smaller, faster, definitely prettier, a little younger, and she just smells good, you know?  She makes me feel safe again - and I feel like I can trust her around my kids, which is always a good sign, isn't it?  We just fit, and it's easy and fun, and she's not going to cost me so much in the long run . . . and I hope it really is a long run this time, because I've fallen in love again.  What can I say?  I can't help it.

Farewell Mazda Tribute, it was good while it lasted.  Hello Citroen C3 Picasso, I can't wait to have fun with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment