Saturday 2 June 2018

Advertising myself! aka "Anyone want a FREE painting for their public space?"

Last week I'd been told by a couple of folks that they couldn't access this blog.  I'm not sure what was going on there! I've sent a message to the help team, but I can't see that they've replied, or where they ought to have replied to . . . so whilst I figure things out I'm just going to keep blogging in the hope that it'll sort itself out somehow (or that I'll figure it out).  Many apologies if this has affected you, dear reader!

Over the last few weeks I've completed a portrait of Eva, a gorgeous rottweiler who lives at our village pub, The White Horse Inn in Soudley.  My cunning plan is to get paintings into as many different places as possible, to try to advertise the fact that I'm here and I can be relied upon to do a decent job, and hopefully by doing this I might get some more commissions coming in.  So here's the FREE bit:

If you have a business and would like a beautiful original artwork on your wall, then for the rest of 2018 I will be happy to complete an up to A3 sized commission for you free of charge.  In return for this you would agree to keep the painting in a space where your clients would see it, and to keep a small stock of my business cards and force them on all your customers pass them out to any interested parties!

I can do pet portraits, or any kind of animal you would like.  I also love figurative work - people - portraits - realistic or imaginary.  I can paint any kind of still life - anything you fancy!  I don't have a lot of landscape type work in my portfolio (it's not usually a subject I'm drawn to), but I'm working on a landscape right now so I'll hopefully have something to show on that front in another week or so.

Anyway, enough of the self promotion stuff!  It feels so awkward!  On to the art!

Eva!






I'm so pleased with her!  It's really interesting to figure out the right shaping and volume to describe how her head works, if you know what I mean!  There are so many little parts of this which, when added, suddenly made the parts around them make sense - her fur looked wrong until the collar was put in, the curve of the front edge of her ear needed to be right, the shine on her left eye . . .

I did a little animation of her progress on my phone (I love these!)



I've given Eva to Suzanne & Mike at The White Horse already, and they have impressed on me several times how happy they are, and I'm so relieved they like it.  I mean - I knew I'd done a good job, but she's their baby so theirs were the opinions that were important.

I guess I just need to get some business cards printed now!


No comments:

Post a Comment