Sunday 8 July 2018

Everything's coming up Rosies!

So the secrecy is over, thank goodness, and I can finally share the portrait I was commissioned to paint of the beautiful Rosie - rosiedestructor







She's painted on a roughly A4 sized deep-sided canvas, so a little smaller than some of the other things I've been making recently, but that kind-of adds to her charm.  Also the dimensions of the canvas mean that she can just as easily sit on a shelf as hang on a wall.  The photo I was working from (stolen from her Mum's facebook page!)  was just perfect, and I think she's come out as almost a vintage looking painting because of it.

Here's the birthday girl Loops (check out her facebook page, she makes some really cute geeky crafts).





And here's Rosie, given pride of place beside her (rather spectacular) wedding photo:





Totally unexpectedly toning in really well!

____________________________________________________________________________


In other news!  I'm in the process of trying to set up some life drawing classes, so I've had a bunch of scantily clad folks showing up as new friends on facebook - please don't be alarmed if you start coming across them, I haven't started swinging, it's all strictly professional!

I've been trying to find different avenues to increase my reach on social media too, in the hopes that eventually I might start reaching folks who want to buy my work.  It's a different world, when I think of how there was one really fancy computer suite at my secondary school which had maybe 20 Apple Macintosh computers with tiny screens.  Is this what old feels like?  Oh dear, maybe!  I'm learning to hashtag, lol!

I've also applied to a local arts charity for a place on a professional development course - I'll see whether I've gotten in tomorrow.  If not, I've got a couple of ideas to work on (and I still need to finish my wee French Bulldog), so I'll just keep on whatever!

Also, next Saturday is Art in the Forest, so my friend Emma and I will be camping out somewhere for the day being creative al fresco.  The open view of the exhibition will be on Saturday night at Artspace Cinderford (I'm not sure what time), so if you're free it'd be awesome to see you there. 

Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment