Friday 27 April 2018

Rebirth! Re-stART!

Hey there universe!

I stopped blogging for a while there, didn't I?  I got discouraged by a lack of success with little crafty things in my village market, and to be honest, other things in life were going on so I didn't keep trying.  The thing is though - ART is what I ought to be doing with my time. 

My degree was in fine art, and though I've gotten distracted by the shiny of multiple crafting activities, in my heart I've always felt that I ought to be drawing and painting.  I've always imagined that after I'm gone, someone somewhere will remember me as an artist -will look at a picture on their wall that they really love and think, "Damn, she could capture something special!".  I'm finding it hard after years of being a scatty mum to get focussed though, so I thought I ought to maybe start with this - I'm going to try to make a blog post once a week. 

Each week I want to have something to share.  It might just be progress on a piece of work, it might be crafty or cookery, but I'd hope that mostly I ought to have some new art I could talk about.  It might be that, once I get into the swing of things again, I'll post art on a Friday and other stuff as and when . . . or maybe I'll have an arty blog and a crafty one.  I'll try once a week here to begin with though.

So . . . I know I've shared this on facebook already, but this is what I was working on this week:





It's a drawing in my sketchbook from a photo of the girls taken about 6 months ago I think.  Not finished yet, obviously!  I need to work on their hair some more, and the shading on I's nose isn't finished.  It looks ok when not side by side with the photo, but I've made some mistakes with the volume of I's face around her cheekbones and jaw, and B's features are a little large and high on her face.  I'm not bothered enough to fix everything this time - it's just a sketch and I'm really pleased with how the majority of it has worked out.  I hope to finish it off next week.

I need to take more photos with a view to drawing from them I think!  Or perhaps I could source some photos that someone else would like a drawing or painting of . . .

S xx

No comments:

Post a Comment